Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Story Continues....

Thank you for all your comments, once again we had a tie, so the first option voted for wins!

Determined, knowing that this maybe your only way to find out where you are, you set out to find this village. Based on the map and the early afternoon sun you head southeast in the direction of the trees.  As you begin to walk you feel the sun beating hotter and hotter on your back and your feet get heavier and heavier as you trudge your way through the never ending tall grass.  You thoughts begin to wander as you try to remember anything, anything that could point to your current situation.  The last thing you remember is sitting at home, minding your own business.  Wait...there was a knock at the door. At that moment you all of a sudden hit the ground.  You grumble and cringe with pain of such a hard landing as you look back at your feet.  A large dead branch covered by the tall grass was laying there as if hiding for any unsuspecting visitors.  You get up and brush yourself up and notice there are more sticks around in the grass.  You look off in the distance and see a large number of trees!  "finally!" you happily think to yourself.  As the sun gets lower, you take off into a fast sprint towards the trees.  As you get to them, near dusk, You stop just outside the tree line.  Truly this is the darkest and most ominous forest you have ever seen.  Dead silence is all that you hear.  Not a single rustling leaf. As you glance at your map again, you take a deep breath in and step inside. Your first step inside, you feel a sharp pain in your neck.  You look down and see a orange colored feather attached to a dart.  You panic and start to run out of the forest and manage to make it out just as your legs and arms go numb, causing you to fall into the tall grass.  Right before your eyes close and you pass out, you feel yourself being pulled....pulled into the forest.  

As your eyes slowly open, you start to focus on whats around you.  Your afraid to move.  You move your eyes around to see a small clearing, no larger than a small room.  Trees surround you, barely letting a single ray of muffled sunlight through.  All of a sudden, a huge animal like figure jumps from behind you to a spot in front of you.  The animal has its back to you but it looks like it's a monkey of some sort...it looks like it's holding something.  Knowing that the monkey creature hasn't seen that you are conscious, you close your eyes and try to think of what to do.  

What Do You Do Now?

     1.  Being scared out of your dazed and still foggy mind, you     decide to wait there and pretend to be unconscious until the monkey creature leaves to maybe make a run for it.

      2.  Reasoning that if this thing hasn't hurt you yet, you think it must be friendly, you decide to sit up and try to communicate.

      3.  Knowing that this thing will only attack you if you move, you      decide to grab something around you and try to sneak up on it while its back is turned and kill it. 

Monday, September 27, 2010

Thank you for all your comments!  Due to the tie, I will have to go with the option that was voted for first.  

(Continues)As you feel yourself start to panic, you remember your phone!  Your stand up and your hand hits your pockets with a loud WHAP, hoping to feel your phone.  Front pockets, back pockets, nothing.  You glance around and collapse onto your hands and knees searching every inch of the ground.  Finally, your hand speeds over a familiar sight.  Your iPhone!  Your grab it and look the screen.  Undamaged!  "Thats shocking." you say under your breath.  You click on the screen and all of a sudden it clicks back off!  Confused, you click it back on.  Again it clicks off.  Thats when you couldn't help but notice the phone getting warmer and warmer.  As you fight with it to stay on, it starts burning you!  You throw it to the ground, and not a moment too soon!  It starts smoking almost immediately and begins to turn a ominous shade of red.  It's at that time you see a glimmer of brown leather peeking from behind the grass where the phone landed.  Your wallet!  You reach down for it and open it up.  A small piece of folded yellowish parchment paper falls out.  "I don't remember that." you think to yourself.  As you unfold it you realize its a map!  You see a large area on the map that looks like a field.  "That must be where I am." you think.  Along the field on one side there is a large area of trees, and in the middle of them is something that looks like a carefully drawn village of some sort.  Its then you notice something even more strange....by the village, what looks like it's crudely written in a charcoal, you see the words "BEWARE DONT G..." and the letters trail off to nothing more than a squiggly line.  

What Do You Do Now?

1.  You through caution to the wind and decide to try and follow the map to the village, knowing it may be your only hope of finding help.

2.  You were raised better than to follow a creepy map, so you decide to stay put to figure out what is going on with your phone and study the map a little longer.

3.  You decide you want to be the furthest from that village you can possibly be, you wait a while, grab your cooled down phone and wallet, and head in what you think is the opposite direction.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Choose Your Own Adventure!!

Welcome one and all!  I'll explain how this works and we can get started!  Today I will begin a fantastic story, but only part of it.  At the end of my daily entry, there will be options on how the story should continue.  Guess who decides?  You!  The commenter of course!  Just remember, every decision leads the story down a different path!  Whichever option gets the most comments is how the story will continue the next day.  And so on.  If the story abruptly ends because that option is chosen, then another story will begin.  Are you ready? Lets begin!  

     Your story begins early one morning.  You barely squint your eyes open to see the blinding light of the sun.  Your head aches and pulses as you try to think of where you are.  As your eyes get use to the light you open them a little wider.  At that same moment you feel the tickling of tall grass on your arms and legs.  You look around to see just that, tall grass for miles and miles around you.  Panic hits you as the memories of last night can't be found. You start to glance around faster and faster, as if hoping your surroundings will change.  But nothing does.  Tall waving grass and a cloudless blue sky.  Your heart beats as you try to collect yourself.

What Do You Do Now?

  1. You decide to start walking through the tall grass hoping to find a familiar place.
  2. You remember the best thing to do when your lost is to stay right where you are, because someone has to be trying to find you.
  3. You try to search desperately around on the ground for your phone, wallet, or anything else you normally carry on you.